How to disable the camera shutter and auto-focus sounds on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100?

If you search "Disable Samsung I9100 camera sounds" on Google, there are some tutorials that tells you how to remove the camera sounds on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100.
The classical method: Delete five .ogg files on the folder /system/media/audio/ui/:

  • Cam_Stop.ogg
  • Cam_Start.ogg
  • camera_click_short.ogg
  • Shutter_01.ogg
  • VideoRecord.ogg
However, the auto-focus sound is still enabled with this method. How to completely disable the camera shutter and auto-focus sounds on your Galaxy S2 I9100? Please follow the steps below:

Guide: Remove the camera noise on your Galaxy S2 I9100

  1. Root your Galaxy S2 I9100.
  2. You need to be root to do this so if you have not gotten root yet please follow my guide to root your phone: How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT i9100 by one clicking.
  3. Launch RootExplorer, then open the folder /data/.
  4. Set the sound parameter on file /data/local.prop
    • Method 1: Create the file by yourself:
      1. Create the file local.prop if it doesn't exist.. Click Menu -> New File, enter the filename local.prop, then click OK.
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Click New File
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Click "New File"
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Create file local.prop
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Create file local.prop
      2. Open local.prop in Text Editor
      3.  
      4.   Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Open local.prop in Text Editor
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Open local.prop in Text Editor
      5. Add add the line to the file, then click Menu -> Save & Exit
        ro.camera.sound.forced=0
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Edit local.prop
        Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Edit local.prop
    • Method 2: Download the file local.prop
      1. Download local.prop.zip, and then pack it to a folder on your computer.
      2. Copy the file local.prop from the computer to the folder /data on your I9100.
  5. Reboot your Galaxy S2 I9100.
  6. Set the I9100 to the silent mode.
  7. Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Set the I9100 to the silent mode 
     Screenshot: [Disable the camera sounds on I9100] Set the I9100 to the silent mode
Now, launch Camera application on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, all camera shutter and auto-focus sounds has been disabled.
Note: To restore sound, just delete local.prop (or set ro.camera.sound.forced=1) and then reboot.

If still not work for you ? Try other methods here  

1 comments:

Open Panel

Blogroll

counter